How to find where your Aadhaar card was used for Authentication
How to find where your Aadhaar card was used for Authentication.
used for authentication? Since Aadhaar is used for authentication to
avail of several services of govt., you might be worried about its misuse. The
website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the
body that manages Aadhaar, has the provision of checking where and when
your Aadhaar was used.
If you are concerned about the misuse of your Aadhaar
cards, which are used for authentication to avail of wide spectrum of
services, then worry no more. Now, users can check when and where have
their biometric ID’s have been used. The Unique Identification Authority
of India (UIDAI) that manages Aadhaar is giving the option of
retrieving the history of the card being used over a period of time.
What is Aadhaar Authentication?
Aadhaar is a lifelong
12-digit unique number which can act as a primary identifier throughout
the life of an individual. Uniqueness is ensured through biometrics, the
finger and iris(or eye) scan.These include operation of bank accounts/PPF accounts, investment in
small savings schemes and use of a mobile number or SIM. The UIDAI on
its website uidai.gov.in has provided several online tools. These online
facilities by UIDAI range from enabling Aadhaar holders to retrieve
their misplaced UIDs to letting them check the status of linkage between
Aadhaar and their bank accounts. One such tool enables Aadhaar holders
to check their authentication history.
Follow these steps to know when and where your Aadhaar was used:
1. Go to Aadhaar authentication history page:
2. Enter your Aadhaar Card number and the security code in the picture.
3. Click on ‘Generate OTP’.
4. You will receive an OTP on your mobile phone. Make sure you had verified your number with the UIDAI website.
- On the new page that appears, select the type of authentication you
want to check for. The UIDAI offers Biometrics, Demographics, OTP,
Demographic & Biometric, Biometric & OTP and Demographic &
OTP options. Users can also select the All option to inquire every entry
made through Aadhaar.
- Enter the date range for which you want to retrieve the history, UIDAI provides a history for last seven months till date.
- Enter the generated OTP and click submit.
- The result will be displayed in the form of date, time and type of Aadhaar authentication used.
the linking deadlines are fast approaching.
You can cross check the data with your messages or Email. Whenever
Aadhaar authentication is successful you would have got email with
information about whether Authentication was successful or not. A sample
email with successful Aadhaar authentication is shown below. It shows
the method used ex OTP and Response Code.
Email on successful Aadhaar authentication
- If Aadhaar authentication fails then you would see some Error code, as shown in row 5 in the image below.
If you find something suspicious, you can even lock your Aadhaar information online and unlock it whenever you want to use it.
|Join Our NEW Telegram Channel and WIN PAYTM CASH FREE-Join Now|